Monday, February 22, 2010

Medieval Romance

Medieval Romance is truly a fairytale romance. Everything works out with these couples. They have the perfect romance. Their knight in shining armour comes riding in and saves them and they fall in love. These medieval romances convey a sense of of supernatural. They present a hero enraged in pure adventure. The hero is always going to save the lady. I really have enjoyed reading them though they make me feel so good even though it is chivalry. "It is a choice I cannot make, my dear Ragnell. It concerns you. Whatever you choose be fair by day or by night-"(Anonymous). I love this kind of stuff. He is being the great knight and marrying this ogre and letting her decide what she will look like by day or by night. A true romance but yet unrealistic because what girl can change what she looks like just like that. Even though I love this romance story it is full of chivalry as are most romances during this time period.

No comments:

Post a Comment